Friday, August 17, 2012

Not so easy, is it, Mrs. Jones.

You would think a simple thing like writing everyday would be easy enough.  Just write. Everyday.  But here it is thursday, and I didn't write at all yesterday or tuesday, or monday.   Now I did write in some forums, but that was not the point.  I wanted to do a blog post everyday.

And it's not so easy, to make (or find) time every day to do something I haven't spent several decades doing, even if it was something I always wanted to do.  I have been working at a steady clip - I've written on several forums, researched some stuff on blogging, buttons and gadgets and linking and so on,  and spent alot of tuesday learning about content marketing and site curation.  And if I squint my logic center real hard, I can justify time spent on Pinterest as being business-related.  But it's more than just Writing Everyday.  It's about overcoming obstacles.

It's about overcoming procrastination  - which has dogged me all my life - and focusing ( I joke about being AADD, but I think I probably qualify) ((Adult Attention Deficit Disorder)) (((In case you were wondering.)))      It is so effin EASY to go off on tangents.  Like Pinterest...I could sit there all day, playing around on that.  Or  reading about blogging, and content, and marketing, and making websites, and on and on.  Then I have to grab myself by my internal shoulders and give myself a shake, and say all that will take care of itself, just do your own things.  The text.  The videos.  The people with knowledge you need will appear when you need them.  One step at a time.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  It doesn't have to be perfect before you can proceed.

So now it's not even thursday, it's friday, and I don't know the purpose of this ramble, unless it's to mutually encourage someone else who's struggling to overcome obstacles, to say keep on keepin' on.  Some of us have crazy passion; the rest of us have to chop it out a swing at a time.  So now, before the little granddaughter gets up from her nap, I will post this, and maybe tonight I'll report some more on the status of the videos, and when you'll be able to see something.  And just so you know, sometimes green thumbs aren't just dirty, they also get splinters in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment